Spelt Flour and Tahini Pancakes
There isn't a child who doesn't love pancakes on a Saturday morning or just on a day off. Noa Levi offers a healthier version, but no less tasty, of pancakes that not only children love.
- 3 cups spelt flour
- 10 grams baking powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (200 grams) yogurt
- 1 cup milk or plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons El Arz whole tahini
- 1 egg
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk all the wet ingredients together.
- Combine the two bowls and whisk until get a relatively smooth batter forms (it’s OK if there are some lumps left). It is important not to mix too much.
- Heat a non-stick pan over a medium flame. Grease the pan with a little butter or oil spray.
- Fill 3/4 of a ladle and pour into the pan. Wait until bubbles appear on the top and carefully turn the pancake over and fry for another minute or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate and continue with the rest of the batter.
- Serve the pancakes while they are hot with maple syrup and fruits.