Spaghetti Tahini e Pepe
Who said vegans enjoy less? Raz Rahav presents a thrilling vegan version of the famous Roman spaghetti, 'Cacio e Pepe', with tahini and lots of black pepper.
- 1 package (500 g) spaghetti
- A handful of dill leaves, finely chopped
- A handful of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup El Arz tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Cook the spaghetti according to the manufacturer’s instructions in plenty of boiling, salted water. Strain and reserve one cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, transfer the herbs to a large mixing bowl. Add the tahini, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix.
- Add the hot spaghetti to the bowl and mix well so that the sauce covers the pasta completely. Add 1/4-3/4 cup of the cooking liquid in order to “open” the sauce. Taste and adjust the seasoning. The dish should have an intense black pepper flavor.
- Divide the spaghetti into individual serving bowls, drizzle with a little olive oil and serve.