Simple Tahini Cake with Chocolate Chips
Tahini cake in a simple touch is a perfect cake to enjoy alongside a cup of coffee or tea: it's delicious, soft, fluffy, easy to make, and can be customized with various add-ins according to taste.
- 4 eggs
- 200 grams (1 cup) sugar
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) oil of your choice
- 240 ml (1 cup) orange juice or plant-based milk
- 3/4 cup El Arz tahini
- 320 grams (2 1/4 cups) flour
- 10 grams baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees and lightly oil two loaf pans.
- Using a mixer, beat the eggs and the sugar to a light and fluffy mixture. Add the
orange juice or the plant-based milk, the oil and the tahini and continue to mix. Add
the flour and the baking powder and mix again into a thick batter. Add the chocolate
chips saving some for sprinkling on top, and mix again.
- Pour the batter into the pans, sprinkle with the rest of the chocolate chips, and bake
for 40-45 minutes or until the cake is springy to the touch, and a toothpick inserted in
the center comes out clean without crumbs.