Fried Eggplants with Spicy Tahini
Roasted cauliflower with tahini is a timeless classic: a beloved, tasty, and simple-to-make dish that can be served at a Sabbath meal or alongside any other meal.
- 2 eggplants cut into slices about 1.5 cm thick
- Oil for frying
- Spicy Tahini
- 1/2 cup El Arz tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- Juice squeezed from 1/2 lemon or to taste
- 2-3 crushed cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon hot paprika (or more to taste)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Parsley, coriander, or mint leaves
- Sprinkle the salt on the slices of eggplant, put them into a colander and set aside for half an hour. Absorb the liquid with a paper towel.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the eggplant slices until nicely browned on both sides. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Prepare the tahini: mix the raw tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic and spices in a bowl into a smooth mixture.
- Pour the tahini into a deep serving dish, pile the eggplant slices on top, sprinkle with the fresh herbs and serve.